The VistaShift solution has been tested by over 1,600 people from over 120 organizations. We have continued to develop and enhance it over the past 7 years. At the core of the VistaShift AI Advisor Platform is the science of Perspective Taking. Simply put, we put people through exercises that take them out of their normal world view and replace it with a fresh view.
The Proven Benefits of Perspective Taking
Perspective taking has several known scientific benefits. When properly used, perspective-taking activates a different part of the brain than what we normally use doing everyday activities. This process uncovers knowledge not normally thought about. VistaShift has developed a patented approach to formulating problems and conducting perspective taking to take advantage of this knowledge.
The VistaShift process involves collecting a small team’s information from 3 different perspectives:
- The Normal Perspective – This is the what you normally think and how you normally think. It is also known as your starting, or usual, perspective.
- The “Other” Perspective – Often the customer or competitor perspective. This is introduced into the process once the participants have received the tools and understanding on how to truly understand how to take another perspective.
- The Optimal Distance Perspective – This perspective is generated by VistaShift to optimize the opportunity for creativity and unique insights.
Our patent focuses on how we create and use the information from an “optimal distance” perspective. This approach, plus the removal of emotion, helps “gain distance” from the normal way of thinking – creating the optimal distance perspective. VistaShift uses optimal distance perspectives to gather tacit knowledge, also known as corporate knowledge.
We harness the power of small teams as research shows that when a group of people take a similar perspective, they use a similar part of the brain which enhances shared understanding.
Additional Proven Benefits of Taking Perspectives
- Increases positive attitude toward others
- Strengthens social bonds
- Promotes interpersonal understanding
- Increases trustworthiness in relationships
- Increases understanding across functional boundaries
- Decreases some cognitive bias
- Increases empathy
- Reduces “it’s not my job” feeling
With all the known benefits of perspective taking there are no specified ways for people to effectively take perspectives – until now. VistaShift’s patented process allows for easy, effective understanding of how to properly take perspectives to provide the best insights to create common understanding.